Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

I have a Catalytic problem. My car doesn't accelerate like

Customer Question

I have a Catalytic problem. My car doesn't accelerate like it should be. Most of the times, after at least 20 miles of driving, the "Engine power reduced" light appear and the car can't accelerate anymore. I have to stop it and wait a little bit before restarting it. I once went to a garage to chek it and they said i have to buy a new catalytic. Do i need a specific catalytic or i can buy any type on the net as long as it is compatible with my car?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: its displayed with Service ESC light indicator
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: malibu 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No i cant fix it myself i want to bring it in a garage
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: well with this problem, it take roughly about 10-15 seconds for me to get to 100 km/h
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you have the V6 or the 4 cylinder engine? Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a V4 cylinder
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I would recommend buying a direct it bolt on catalytic converter. Many universal catalytic converters do not work right and cause the check engine light to come on. I'd call a couple exhaust shops and get quotes before ordering yourself, they might be able to get it cheaper. Here is link to buy converter, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Alright. When will you approxitavely answer me about other exhaust shops at a cheaper price?
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I didn't see any other questions but if you have more questions feel free to ask. Thanks!