Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

03 Chevy trailblazer AC works fine very cold few minutes

Customer Question

03 Chevy trailblazer AC works fine very cold for a few minutes then disengages will not work again until cools down I can spray with water hose and clutch will engage but will disengage after a few minutes
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

what do you spray with the hose to make it work ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Just water on compressor mainly the clutch
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

if you just wash the condenser will it turn back on ?

what is the low and high sides readings of the AC when the compressor is running ?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will turn back on and run for a few minutes then disengage again. I don't have guages to check readings I am just a layman asking a question. Cannot do phone call can't speak
Expert:  Gary replied 9 months ago.

ok

if you can spray down the condensor and it will work then shut off then either the fan is not operating enough to cool the condenser or the condenser fins are plugged up or the pressures are wrong in the AC which an evac and 20 minute vacuum then filling it up with the correct amount of R134 should fix it

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 8 months ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions ple