Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Are you still answering questions about the uplander

Customer Question

Are you still answering questions about the uplander passenger door not unlocking? Got the side panel off today and can see the mechanism, had the door unlock for a while, but locked with the button on the front doors and now it will not unlock again. Seem like it might be the solenoid, so I am wondering if I can remove the power option and manually lock and unlock the door? Or is there an easy fix, or do I need to remove the whole locking mechanism? The van is not worth much, so don't want to spend a bunch of money to get this fixed.
JA: No. I'm the Chevy Mechanic's Assistant. How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before? What year is your Uplander?
Customer: 158000, its been locked for a couple of years, today I just happened to open it, so then I had access to remove the door panel, now you can only open the door with the rod. 2007
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes the car is not worth much, so I was thinking I could drill out the rivets and remove the solenoid that drives the lock, if that did not work, I would probably go the the junk yard to salvage the whole mechanism. I really have not tried anything
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still need help. Wondering if I can remove the solenoid from the locking mechanism on my 2007 uplander, since it will not unlock right now. Or do I have to replace the entire locking mechanism? I got the inner panel off and can open using the push rod, but it will not unlock, so you can not get in the car from outside that door.

Unplug the door latch/lock actuator 2 wire connector tan and gray wires. Use a test light and test across these wires. When you press lock then unlock both should light the test light. If your getting power and ground then you will need to replace the door latch to resolve this.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a great experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris