sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Engine Power reduced message on radio and traction control

Customer Question

Engine Power reduced message on radio and traction control light are on, after a throttly body cleaning and an EGR valve cleaning. Car starts and runs idles high for about 6 seonds and then flatlines at 1000 rpm and stays there, no response when pushing accelerator
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: checked all fuses, no ability to get another code
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Malibu maxx 3.5 liter
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I have disconnected negative cable and tried both power cables .. I removed the throttle body again. Also the evap purge valve broke and I had to use vacuum connectors and hose to reconnect to canister
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I appreciate your response. But without anything additional coming I need you to remove your statement so others will attempt to answer my question. I need ideas more quickly than this.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

These warning lights have come on because the engine controller and ABS module have seen a failure in a monitored component and set a fault code. There are literally dozens of things that will turn these lights on, if they started coming on together then the traction control light is most likely on because of an engine performance concern such as an electric throttle control issue.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting in the PCM and ABS module, and then testing can be done from there.