Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I have a 07-1/2 new body style (08) GMC Yukon, it has a hard

Customer Question

I have a 07-1/2 new body style (08) GMC Yukon, it has a hard time starting and is throwing a code 0496. I replaced the purge valve solenoid and in the process broke the plastic line that connects to the purge valve to the steel line on the rear of the engine I'm looking for the hose that goes from the fuel system purge solenoid located on the drivers side of the engine on top of the valve cover. I can't find it anywhere. I think I may be using the wrong Part Name to find it.
JA: When did you last fill the tank? And do you smell gasoline around the engine?
Customer: yesterday, yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 07 gmc yukon
JA: What year is your GMC?
Customer: 07
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: is this an automated response?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I like your end response to the automated system :-) at least I think it's automated.
Anyway I don't know the part number, but Gm will just sell the whole long line, your best bet is a used one from a salvage yard. However you can just put a rubber line in from the metal one to the solenoid and put hose clamps on it if you want.But if you just want the part I can opt out and see if someone else know the Gm part number. Just let me know and I'll opt out.Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not sure what opt out means, I assume I get passed to another mechanic?If I use rubber hose, what type should I use? Is standard fuel line Acceptable?And FYI woodchucks don't chuck wood. ;-[)
No they don't. But if they could, they would chuck ALOT of wood.That being said, yes standard fuel line is fine. I think it's the 3/8 but I could be wrong and it might be 1/4". And yes if I opt out, another mechanic will jump in at some point.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HA! Yes they wood (pun intended)I'll try the 3/8" Fuel line. Junk yards are always packed on sundays.After changing both the purge solenoid on the engine and the fuel tank, both are already done- What should I check if the hard starting persists?
ūüėúWhen you say hard starting, is it an extended crank time? And if so is it after you leave the vehicle for a bit, like more then 10 min? For instance if you start it then turn it off but Farley soon after (1 or 2 min) restart it does it restart easily?
If it is, try turning key on for 10sec (but don't start) then off for 10 sec. Do that 3 times. On the third time just try to start, don't turn off. If it starts easily then it's a bad fuel pump. The anti drain back valve is bad. It's quite common on the tahoes, silverados suburbans and there gmc counterparts.Let me know what happens.
Well I guess JA doesn't accept emoji's. It chopped the one I put at first :-)
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Thanks
Sonny