Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I keep blowing my DLIS 2A fuse on my 2008 Chevy Silverado

Customer Question

I keep blowing my DLIS 2A fuse on my 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 Silverado 2500HD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Originally, we took it to a repair shop and they replaced the fuse. I replaced the fuse for a second time.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The only other problem with the vehicle is a check engine light for a bad glow plug
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Chris, I still need help. I changed the 2A DLIS fuse, but fully expect it to blow again. I have tried to research the cause of the fuse blowing twice in as many days, but have come up empty.

An intermittent fuse failure and especially on a circuit that does not actually power things is going to be tough to find.

Here is the wire diagram https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/DLIS.pdf

While running can you jiggle the wiring associated with this fuse to see if you can make this fuse fail which would lead to a wire short to blame.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Fuse blew two more times today. My security system is lit on my dashboard as if something is setting it off.....
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I tried to access the file you uploaded, but it said file not found
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I 'll check the wiring directly into the fuse box and let you know

Try the link again. This fuse does send a signal to the theft system, which is why your getting that warning.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Linked worked. I'm going to check connections on the wires now. New piece of info, the power seats are having some trouble and working inconsistently, and my rear driver side door not locking/unlocking. Looked up the lbec 1 fuse from the wiring diagram you sent and might be involved in this circuit? If you could send page 3 of 5, that might be helpful. With these number of elec issues, I'll probably just end up taking it in again.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris