GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Okay well i guess i could use some help. Im working on a

Customer Question

Okay well i guess i could use some help. Im working on a 1991 Chevy G30 van. It has the 350 engine. The vehicle recently started popping fuses on the ECM1. At first a replaced fuse cured the problem. Now the fuse pops every time i move the key to the run position. I tried testing the wires with my multimeter. Heres the confusing part. if i test the right side of the fuse plug to ground i get no continuity. if i test the left side i get continuity. Now if i disconnect the wire harness plug at the firewall and test again my continuity changes sides. I feel like im dealing with a chaffed wire to ground issue. Do you have any other tests i can try before i start running new wires?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: im pretty sure this one only has one
JA: What is the model of your '91 Chevy?
Customer: G30 van
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. Ive already explaned what ive tried.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no mam
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank youCustomerfor your time. However I already found the problem and repaired it. It was a pinched fuel injector wire.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Your welcome! I am glad to here it is all fixed!! Have a great day!