Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

I have engine code PO 641 Car barely runs Idols up-and-down

Customer Question

I have engine code PO 641 Car barely runs Idols up-and-down stalls
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

DTC P0641 CIRCUIT DESCRIPTION The powertrain control module (PCM) provides 5 volts to the following sensors: - The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) sensor

- The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve

- The fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor

- The throttle position (TP) sensor

A circuit condition on one sensor 5-volt reference circuit may affect the other sensor 5-volt reference circuits. The PCM monitors the voltage on the 5-volt reference circuit. If the PCM detects that the voltage is out of tolerance, DTC P0641 sets

Either one of the sensors mentioned above or pcm is faulty, or a short in the 5v reference wire going to one of the components.

You will need a full function scan tool, voltmeter and a good working knowledge of reading wiring schematics and automotive electrical systems to diagnose yourself and then repair.

I will need to know the engine size - 3.4, 3.8 or 3.8 supercharged engine in order to get you the proper wiring schematics and testing procedure

Expert:  Eric replied 3 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.