Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

2003 alarm is going off and we 't have the remote to turn it

Customer Question

hi there
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: 2003 alarm is going off and we don't have the remote to turn it off and start the vehicle...we have the key
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: can turn the steering wheel, key is normal condition
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: suburbanm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the vehicle is with my son 60 miles away, so need him to be able to get it home
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that i can think of
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE master tech, glad to help you with this.

Make sure all doors are closed, also make sure all door locks are not sticking. Use the key in the all exterior doors to lock and unlock while the alarm is going off. The key in the outside lock of the drivers front door should turn off the alarm.

Please reply to this if you need more help. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate 3 or more starts at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. If I am not giving you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks Dan