Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I turn on key, dash lights up. A little lite in cluster

Customer Question

I turn on key, dash lights up. A little lite in cluster shows a truck with a padlock and the padlock is in a locked position. Turn key and nothing happens, no engine turn over, no clicking noises, mothing
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes. Put charger on it, jumped it, all the normal stuff
JA: What year is your Charger?
Customer: Within a year old, was bought brand new
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the charging stuff and disconnecting all power in hopes of it resetting something itself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Key turns over, dash lites up, does its little cycle through all the gauges, that padlock shows up in cluster for brief moment in locked position and goes out. Turn key to start position and nothing!! Nope that's about it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The padlock symbol indicates your theft system is active but in order for anyone to be able to help you we are going to need complete information. Need to know the year, make and model your working on. Post back when you can with this and we can work from there.