cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 1997 Chevrolet C3500 5.7 with an A/C problem. I've

Customer Question

I have a 1997 Chevrolet C3500 5.7 with an A/C problem. I've replaced the a c heater control panel, condenser, dryer orfice tube, compressor 3 times in 3 yrs., and yesterday replaced the line pressure switch, but will not cool. When I bypass the switch on the dryer to get the compressor to run, it still cycles on and off. It took almost 2 cans on 134a yesterday but not even the can got cold, just a little cool. Only thing I know to do is another compressor but not an Advance parts store one. Saw a new AC Delco on ebay for $130.00. I'm ready to see a head doctor. Yes I pulled a vacuum and it held.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

it definitely sounds like the compressor have you ran dye through the system to see if you have any leaks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, it was holding vacuum so I didn't think it had a leak
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've never had a compressor cycle on and off with the switch bypassed
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

nor have i i would replace the compressor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ask a personal question: Why do you have 2 out of 5 star rating?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when I replace this compressor and that is not the problem, how do I get back to you? Just ask ripped me a new one once before, I don't want to be left swinging in the air with lighter pockets.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you still there?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

to answer your question you cant make every customer happy i have more satisfied customers then i have had not satisfied but as for if the compressor is not the problem all you have to do is come back to the question it stays open but i assure you its your compressor

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll try that then. Would you say it's safe to buy the AC Delco on ebay? I can't get an off brand that cheap. It says new.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

ac delco is the way to go i would get it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks for your help. Have a good week end!!!
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 4 months ago.

your welcome if you need anything else at all please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance