Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist

I have a 2012 Escalade ESV and the back up camera went out

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Escalade ESV and the back up camera went out again, when I took it to the dealership the said it was the fuse, Can you tell me what number that is thanks
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: came with the vehicle
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just want to check the fuse myself, if it doen't work back to the dealership
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No, however I do know when the passenger seat is moved forward today and just like the last time the back up camera went out
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am sorry for the delay, I had to research diagrams, I have attached 3 of them, One is the wiring diagram for your reference, One for the fuse box and one for fuse box label. so, the fusee that powers it? it is in the under hood fuse box, It is fuse #43 and is a 10 amp fuse. See the picture I have included. Lower right is fuse #43. If you swap that fuse and still nothing? then yes, hard for me to work the problem from my end as requires scanner and some diagnostics etc but to answer you? all 3 diagrams are attached for reference