Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 96 Impala.... The twilight sentinel is NOT working.

Customer Question

I have a 96 Impala.... The twilight sentinel is NOT working. When I manually turn the headlight switch on, the open door chime stays on all the time. Also, don't know if this is somehow connected but I have a auto sensor rearview mirror that also is not working. The map lights work, but the switch/button in the middle of the mirror does work. Am I dealing with a module or a photo sensor issue? Thanks!
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Headlights and all dash lights that the twilight sentinel would turn on.
JA: What year is your Impala?
Customer: 1996
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just happened last night, haven't tried anything yet. I rarely use the car, has just over 40,000 miles on it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, that is it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok...... so what is the answer/solution?

Can you follow these steps for the twilight sentinel.

We have to resolve this issue prior to diagnosing the others since they can all be related.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris