Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2003 chevy tahoe, had car toys install a remote starter

Customer Question

2003 chevy tahoe, had car toys install a remote starter including harness.
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: No click, no nothing. Radio comes on, everything works, just wont start. This problem is intermittent. Sometimes it goes for days or weeks working just fine, and then it won't start. If I wait and go back later, it will usually start.
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: The title says KT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It seems to work if I don't use the fob to lock the doors, instead I've been using the key
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can't think of anything other than this problem didnt start until after the installation of the remote start
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like a bad ground or failing ignition switch. Next time problem happens check to see if 10 amp crank fuse under hood has voltage with key in start position, if not replace ignition switch. If good, clean ground 103. Here is a picture of ground, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebpkz65xaeyd3x7/g103.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I have to rate before I try and see if the suggestion works? :)
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

You can rate now or later, let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions. Thanks.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you so much. Will try this tomorrow!!
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Sounds good, if cleaning ground doesnt help and it has good power then I'd recommend disconnecting remote start to see if that helps. Keep me updated, thanks.