BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2005 Avalanche that intermittently won't start.

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Avalanche that intermittently won't start. After driving around town I turn it off. Sometimes when I go back out to start it an hour later, nothing happens. No clicks, no lights. Nothing. I found that if I leave it in the "On" position, something whirs, then clicks, then resets the system. I turn it back off and restart and it starts just fine. Have to reset the clock on my (aftermarket) radio and the AC resets to 74, but everything else runs fine.
It started off just occasionally happening, now it's every day. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. It sounds like you either have a bad connection at the battery or the ground connections or it may be a bad ignition switch. I would start by checking these connections. If they are fine then the ignition switch is the most likely issue. You can test these other items with a voltage meter if you have one. I hope this helps. let me know if you need further assistance.