sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I no longer have the low and gh speed setting front a/c

Customer Question

I no longer have the low and high speed setting for my front a/c blower fan. I went to buy a new blower motor resistor and it's different from the one i currently have installed.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: The dealer there was a redesign and I have to cut the housing.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 Express 3500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix this myself
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** number for resistor is 89018537, I'd recommend buying original resistor so it is a simple plug/play. Here is a link to buy, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Heater-Core-Blower-Motor-Resistor-Fit-for-GMC-Chevy-Van-89018537-89018770-/151848561985?hash=item235ae12d41:g:0FUAAOSw5ZBWHh5b&vxp=mtr

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I went to the dealer to get the OEM unit. Parts guy was the one that told me I needed to cut the housing due to the redesign. I'm looking for the template used to cut the housing.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I don't have any of this info, I'm not sure if it is in any documents. I'll open question back up to see if someone else has the info, thanks.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There wouldn't be a template to modify the housing for the replacement blower motor power module, slight design changes often just require slight trimming with a razor or hot knife to allow clearance for it to be inserted. What you'll want to do is take the new one to the heater box and see where it's going to hit and the heater box will interfere with it's installation, and carefully trim material as necessary.