Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering
2947720

2011 2500 HD truck is full of diesel exhaust fluid but is

Customer Question

2011 2500 HD truck is full of diesel exhaust fluid but is giving a warning that speed is restricted to 55 miles per hour due to no exhaust fluid -- - is there a reset - - wife is driving the truck just outside indy and has another 4 hours to get back home
JA: What size is your engine?
Customer: 6.6L duramax
JA: What is the model of your '2147481646 GM?
Customer: Chevrolet 2500 HD LTZ
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: we have added exhaust fluid and it is completely full - - all dealership repair shops are closed
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** you for using the site, I will be happy to assist you today..

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

.

.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0bj4w2s4ec9mes/VARIOUS%20EXHAUST%20FLUID%20MESSAGES.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,