Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

The air conditioning panel light is flashing on and off. The

Customer Question

The air conditioning panel light is flashing on and off. The syst3em has plenty of r12. The compressor can be turned on and off by by hooking it up directly to the car battery. When we short circuit the low pressure control it won't run. Can you help us?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

The low pressure sensor can't be 'jumped' out on them.

The HVAC control head determines a low charge by monitoring the circuit from the pressure cycling switch. If the cycling switch will not allow the compressor to run more than 1.5 seconds, ten times in a row, the control head assumes a low charge and disables the compressor until reset.

There has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for that type of concern.

Here is a link to what it states. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,