Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

I have a 2013 Chevy Impala that keeps giving me a "service

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Chevy Impala that keeps giving me a "service stabilitrak" on the dash. It also trembles when stopped and has the check engine light illuminated.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Hi there,

Do you happen to know what code is being stored?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't know what code is being stored.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Ok

Does it run normally down the road?
Also, was the check engine light on prior to the tune up?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It runs normally down the road until I'm sitting at a stop light. Then while I'm sitting with the brake applied I get the notification across the dash stating to "Service stabilitrak". The check engine came after the tune-up.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Ok

Normally when the check engine light comes on it can disable the stabilitrack, this would bring the message up.

As for the shaking, without the code it's tough to know what's causing it, but since it was after the tune, it might be a misfire from an ignition coil. Either not seated tightly or possibly once disturbed it's now arcing. This could cause a vibration at idle that might not be felt over higher engine rpms.

I think I would start with getting the code if possible, it might help point us in the right direction. Several states allow parts stores to read the codes and they will do this at no charge for you. Then of course I could give you a much more accurate answer. Sometimes bad O2 sensors can cause this type of vibration as well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again,

I hadn't heard back from you so I was wondering if you needed further assistance with this?