GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 LT, Hoping to fix myslef

Customer Question

JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2005 Chevy Suburban 2500 LT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Hoping to fix myslef
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Do you have a question?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a dash that intermittently loses "PRND123" light, fuel gauge dies, oil pressure gauge dies, battery light comes on, and a lock security light comes on. Then it chimes . . . Lights then go away and gauges start working again. The instruments in question (I believe) all trace back to IGN 0 fuse? If I pull that fuse the exact same behavior is observed. I did put an aftermarket radio in recently, but this problem was observed before new radio (however since new radio it happens on a much more regular basis.) Another thing that you should know in case it is relevant is that the ABS module is unplugged (it was causing a draw on battery even when parked, and battery was dying. That module has been unplugged for about 6 months. This causes no ABS and ABS and Brake light are always on.)Any insight into how to fix the Dash problem would be appreciated. Also is the vehicle affected adversely (from a safety perspective) if the IGN 0 circuit is not working correctly?

I haven't run into any of those problems on any of them (yet) but wait there may be another expert who has. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.