Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

WE HAVE A 1998 CHEV BLAZER 4.3 MISS FIRE ON CYL 2 WE HAVE

Customer Question

WE HAVE A 1998 CHEV BLAZER 4.3 MISS FIRE ON CYL 2 WE HAVE TRIED NEW INJECTORS WIRES DIST COIL MODULE COMPESSIOR IS 150
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

Welcome,

I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.

I would suspect a vacuum leak entering that cylinder if the compression is good. Get a can of carb cleaner and with the engine at idle, spray along the intake manifold near that cylinder. if the idle smooths out or increases, there is the vac leak. Now keep in mind that you can only test the upper part of that gasket and not the bottom but they are REAL common to spring an air leak between the gasket and the intake and allowing more air into that cylinder and throws off the air to fuel ratio.

Any further questions let me know, otherwise please use the star ratings at the top of page so i can get credit for working with you today.

Thanks for asking!

Larry