Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2011 Grand Sport security system is locked up. It has

Customer Question

My 2011 Grand Sport security system is locked up. It has power. I can lock and unlock. When I press start button, there's 1 click and the ATS shuts off power to the starter. All other electrical is good. It did this once before; and, I was able to get it to work without having to tow it and pay hundreds of dollars for the dealer to completely reprogram it.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

,Ok, this is the learn procedure that needs to be done:

1. Press the START button

2. Observe the Security indicator. After approximately 10 minutes the indicator will turn off.

3. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes. Important: The vehicle learns the password ***** the transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

5. Start the vehicle. The module being programmed has now learned the RCDLR password.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.