Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master, L1, 32 years, Diagnostic / Electrical Specialist
13677702

I have a Chevy 2000 truck 5.3 engine my ac tensioner is

Customer Question

I have a Chevy 2000 truck 5.3 engine my ac tensioner is making a pinging noise when I step on the gas when I turn the ac off it doesn't do it at all I just bought a compressor didn't install it yet and if need to how much oil and refrigerant would I have to put in it and are there any other suggestions you think it might be besides the ac tensioner
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 months ago.

Hello, kind of hard not being there but if a tensioner did not correct the tensioner noise with Ac on? then the AC system/compressor is likely under a load. This means the compressor is straining and will cause the tensioner to bounce /jump or make noise. I too lean to compressor BUT when you do a compressor, you always want to change the accumulator, That item is a filter and when opened to outside air, it gets contaminated. oil? you drain the oil from old compressor and if less than 2 oz? add oil to make 2 oz back into new compressor. Accumulator? you add 2 oz of new oil to it. The system takes 2 lbs of R 134

18 Jul 2016, 3:12 PM