Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My car makes helicopter noise while driving coming from the

Customer Question

My car makes helicopter noise while driving coming from the right front wheel
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

Can I get the make and model vehicle?

Does the noise come and go under different circumstances like swerving, accelerating, braking?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
2001 Chevy Impala when I accelerate the noise is lower

Thanks, ***** ***** noticed with the tires when felt by hand or visually?

Is the noise the same or different when braking?

Is this a new issue or has it been going on for a while?

Have you tried any repairs so far?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No I hit a curve & now it makes noise it's gotten louder over time & the front tires wear quick �� I bought maybe 4 tires in the last 3months

Thanks, ***** ***** the tire wear concern you for sure have parts damaged, loose, or bent up front that are effecting the alignment. This noise can be coming from a damage axle half shaft, bad wheel bearing, bent brake rotor, tire tread wear concerns.

Step one is going to be having the spinning parts checked out.

Next will be an inspection of all bushings, parts, and joints that support the wheel for suspension and steering

Then an alignment is needed.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris