Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Sometimes when I turn the key it dissent crank up & it

Customer Question

Sometimes when I turn the key it dissent crank up & it randomly shuts off while driving
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: It's in park
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2001 Chevy Impala new motor new fuel system yet it randomly shuts off while driving
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yea it jus started I don't know Wats going on
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Sometimes when I turn the AC down it goes off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

When it will not crank with the key in the start position what do you do to get it to finally crank then start?

When it stalls while driving, does it run bad prior or just shit off like shutting it off with the key?

When it stalls, does the instrument cluster also shut off?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When it want turn over I jus keep trying it cranks within a min when I'm driving it shuts off randomly but immediately cranks back up

Thanks, ***** ***** that fits best for both of these concerns would be failing electrical contacts inside the ignition switch for the run circuit. If you can do electrical diag with a volt meter we can do some tests when it will not start to check things. It can only be diagnosed when the issue is occurring at that time.

If you're confused on what to do now or later. You have already been charged the full question value. It's now time to compensate the tech that helped you. The only way I can continue to work here and help customers is by getting rated. If you're not pleased yet or plan not to rate me. Let me know so I can help more, close the post, or opt out. Please let me know if you're pleased with my help.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.

Thanks Chris