GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

2010 chevy silverado 2 wheel drive 5.3 liter .I'm having

Customer Question

2010 chevy silverado *****5.3 liter .I'm having hard time getting o-ring back in place on the transmission filter. i tried putting it on the filter itself but that didnt work . I tried using a socket of same size that didnt work cause part of throttle body(I think its the throttle body) gets in the way of having straight shot.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 3 months ago.

Good evening sorry your having this trouble and thanks for letting us help you. The new o ring can be difficult to install get you some vaseline and lube it real good just push the o ring with your finger up in the trans then take your filter and push it into the o ring which is already in trans it is not uncommon to have to give it a good whap with your hand and push hard