AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

T the brakes hard car shut off no codes have spark fuel and

Customer Question

Hit the brakes hard car shut off no codes have spark fuel and pulse width. When car cranks no start if you crack the throttle a bit after you stop turning key will run like it is on one cyl. Have heat in all header pipes it will spit and spudder along small backfires. Has new plugs coil and ignition module wires mass air flow sensor. Scanner does not show anything out of whack. Don't know if it means anything but with key on if you disconnect the distributor connection along the intake manifold the a/c clutch will cycle the fuel pump operates have check my grounds on motor seem good with test light. I am missing something hopefully simple but I am lost. Can't keep throwing parts at it especially the distributor behind the water pump if that is the I will just getting expensive I need help please
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help? Are you looking for some possible causes? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2G1FP22P6V2142882
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
2G1FP22P6V2142881. This is correct big fingers screwed up the first one
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that information. If you disable the fuel pump, does the engine start and run on starting fluid?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No tried that no difference
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Ok, then the ignition timing or valve timing is off. Have you checked engine compression?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it has good compression on all cylinders car supposedly has only 24k miles on it
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

What are the readings?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
140 plus across
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Excellent! Was the crank sensor replaced or was the crank sensor signal checked?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it has crank signal my older scanner reads 15rpm for some reason without cranking but reads signal just fine
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Ok and was the distributor replaced?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No not yet since before I toss more money at it and it sits behind the water pump I want to try to pinpoint it first that is why i am talking with you sir.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Got it! Well, based on what your telling me, I suspect the problem is going to be a bad distributor and or a bad distributor cap. These are the only things left in the ignition system that would prevent the spark from timing incorrectly.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you believe that is the problem I will replace it. Could you tell me why would I have heat in the header pipes if it's not firing correctly and you don't think it could be a computer issue or a wiring problem
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Excessive heat in the headers or exhaust is because it is firing at the wrong time. While a wiring issue or a computer issue can cause this, it would not be very likley.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok well I hope this fixes it since it will not be cheap is there any other possibilities?? And if it doesn't work can I still contact you ?? Since it will be day or two to get it done
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Based on what your telling me, no there is no simple fix. YES, you can contact me in the future if you have any further questions.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will give you a excellent rating if it fixes the problem most of what you said or asked was what I have already done on my own. I do thank you and will let you know how it works out
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

I would appreciate a positive rating tonight.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 8 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

Let me know!