Cary York
Cary York,
Experience:  Auto Tech at Certified Auto Repair

I have a 2010 Tahoe 4x4 with a broken transmission dipstick

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Tahoe 4x4 with a broken transmission dipstick tube..truck is on jack stands now with transmission x-member member unbolted..I still can't get the new dipstick to line up with the hole in top of the I need to take out the other x- member under the motor
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Automatic...6l80
JA: What is the model of your '10 Chevy?
Customer: SLT..4X4...TAHOE
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Old dipstick is one is in place now but won't line up with the hole in top of the transmission
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Cary York replied 3 months ago.

What size engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It looks like I have to drop the x-member under the motor to ??

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated. I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

No real good answer. AllData repair info call to remove transmission. However I would try remove the trans support and dropping the rear of the trans down. If the bolt hole does not line up. Either it is the wrong one, bent, or not installed in the correct position.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Take the whole tranny out ??

That's what it says. I will send the instructions from AllData.

Here they are. Also it pays 5.30 hours to R&R.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you

Yes sir. If you need anything else just post back. And please don't forget to rate me.