Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GOOD MORING I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY 3500 CARGO VAN WITH A V8

Customer Question

GOOD MORING I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY 3500 CARGO VAN WITH A V8 5.7L 350 ITS A ONE TON AUTOMATIC IM HAVING A POWER LOSS ISSUES WHEN PUT IN GEAR AND IS RUNNING VERY RUFF IT RUNS BETTER IN PARK AND NATURAL THIS ALL STARTED LAST THURSDAY IN THE HEAVY RAINS THERE WERE SOME HIGH WATER SPOTS INONE OF THESES DEEP FLOODED AREAS CLOSE TO HOME WITH IN A FEW MILES THE FLOODED AREA SEPRATER PART OF MY TAIL PIPE IT WAS ALREADY LOSE AND THE RUFF RUNNING STARTED . SO FAR I HAVE CHECKE ALL FRAME LOWER ENGINE AND TRANS ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS FOUND NO MOISTURE CHECKD ALL GROUNDS CLEANED AND TITENED BLOCK GROUND , CHECKED AND CLEANED EGR VALVE, CLEANED AND CHECKED CRANK SENSOR, CHECKED ALL 02 SENSORS ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS FOUND NO MOISTURE, CLEANED DOWN STREAM O2 SENSORS , THE VAN HASNT HADA CAT IN YEARS , REPLACED SECTION OF TAIL PIPE WITH FLEX PIPE , CHECKED STARTER CONNECTIONS, PUT IN NEW PLUGS WIRERS DISTRIBER CAP AND CHECKED WITH SPARK TESTER, NEW MAF AND MAP SENSORS , CEANED AIR FLITER, CHECKED AND CLEANED TPS , TOOK A GAS SAMPLE FROM WHERE THE INLINE FILTER GOES TO LINE TO ENGIEN , FOUND VERRY LITTLE WATER NOT ENOUGHT TO MAKE A COMPLETE RING AT BOTTON OF JAR VERRY LITTLE WATER SO I PUT IN A BODDLE OF WATER REMOVER AND OCTANE BUSTER AND A BODDLE OF INJECTION CLEANER , TRANS IS NOT SLIPPING CHECKED FLUID LEVEL GOOD AND NO BURNT SMELL , CHECKED OIL LEVEL GOOD BUT COULD USE AN OIL CHANGE, SO WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS FUFF IDLE AND POWER LOSE CONDISHION PLEASE HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPROPIATED THANK YOU MORE INFO SCAN TOOL READINGS PO103 MASS AIR FLOW AF SENSOR CIR HIGH FREQUENCY SO I REPLACED IT , PO108 MAINFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE SO I REPLACED IT, PO131 HO2S , PO137 HO2S, O151 HO2S, PO157 HO2S , PO134 HO2S,
TPS %0.0 MPH 0 FUEL SYS 2 OL FUEL SYS 1 OL CALC LOSD 100.00% ECT (OF) 122% LTFT B1 9.4% STFT B2 45.7% LIFT B2 9.4% MAP (IMG) 13.9 ENG RPM 1230 MAF (LB/MIN) 52.9 STFT B1 28.9%
SO HOW DO I FIX FUEL OL PROBLEM ND RUFF RUNNING AND POWER LOSS PROBLEMS
THE BATERY RAN DOWN CHARGING NOW TO GET NEW SCAN READINGS AFTER REPLACING SENSORS HELP HLEASE WOUD BE MUCH APPROPRIATED
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer working afternoon till just after midnight.

I believe I can help on this concern, let me know if you still need help?

Hello again Chris here,

• I am contacting you because the post has not been closed out/completed.
  • It appears you were not pleased with my help.
  • If more assistance is needed, reply and let me know, also let me know what it is you're needing to be pleased.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I never know it.)
  • You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, and I do not want you to leave having paid for something that did not meet your wants/needs and myself not receiving a feedback selection from yourself.
  • With all those O2 codes and the high water, there could be an issue with wiring that has caused a grounding resistance issue. What codes have stored now?

Thanks Chris