rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 2007 trailblazer shuts off with no warning. i have change

Customer Question

My 2007 trailblazer shuts off with no warning. i have change the alternator, the ignition switch and censor. what else could be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

Well, you can be losing ignition or fuel. This isn't the easiest thing to find when it's intermittent because you need to be ready to test for spark at a plug with a spark tester and fuel pressure with a gauge. The most common problem for this is a CRANK sensor, but it should be tested first with a scope

Thanks, Ron