rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My wife placed our vehicle in reverse to move it. The

Customer Question

My wife placed our vehicle in reverse to move it. The display never moved and the car did not go into reverse. She then pushed the lever back into park and cut the car off. She then tried to restart the vehicle. It would not start. Now the gear shift will not depress and the vehicle will not start. This is a 2004 Chevy SSR. Any advice would be helpful!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though, please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger. This is a great site, but it doesn’t replace a shop or necessary tools.

I attached a re-learn procedure for you, but if it does NOT work, you will need to visit a shop with a scan tool to help you.

Thanks, Ron