rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Truck won't start, dash lights won't go off unless battery

Customer Question

Truck won't start, dash lights won't go off unless battery cable gets disconnected then they start off until key is turned on, the security light is on but won't go off after waiting so I can't try to reset it. Starter solenoid will jump across and turn over but won't start. Any suggestions
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I’ll be helping you today.

Before we get started though,Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see,smell, hear or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is appreciated.

My goal is to make you happy and get a great rating in return for my time.Sometimes I have to give you bad news that I know you didn’t want to hear, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

I attached a doc for you to read about your security system and how to reset it. If this doesn't work, you will need a shop to help you with their scan tool. There is a possibility that your instrument cluster has failed.

Thanks, Ron