sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I replaced the brake switch and the cruise control switch

Customer Question

I replaced the brake switch and the cruise control switch and cruise still is non op and tire pressure is non operational. Is the BCM the issue?
JA: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: Brand new tires and yes but cruise is more important to me
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 2500HD 4x4 SB silverado
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: brake switch and cruise control switch assembly
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that the BCM could be the issue but not that likely.

With electronic throttle control there aren't any other components to the system such as a cruise servo and wiring. If you've replaced the cruise switch then either it's signal isn't being seen due to a wiring issue or the ECM is disabling cruise due to another issue. There are many things that will prevent cruise from working such as a cam or crank sensor code, transmission issues, accelerator pedal position or throttle body/TPS issues.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to see if there are any fault codes setting. Odds are there is one or more codes set that is preventing cruise from working and it will work after the problem is repaired. If no codes are set then data will need to be looked at to see if the cruise switch signal is being seen.