sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

The a/c isn't working in my truck but when I command it on

Customer Question

the a/c isn't working in my truck but when I command it on from the scan tool it comes on and works great. so I know the pump, fuse, relay are all good but im wondering if the switch on the dash is no good? how can I bypass the switch to send the signal for the a/c pump to come on?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could be preventing the compressor from engaging. It could be an ambient temperature signal issue, evaporator temperature, an incorrect pressure reading, or it could definitely be the control head.

Are there any codes setting in any module?

Did you look in engine controller and control head data to see if it was showing compressor engagement being commanded?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Turned out to be the evaporator temperature module! I just bypassed it and the a/c works great now!