Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

WHAT IS THE CYLINDER NUMBER ORDER LOOKING FROM FRONT OF VAN

Customer Question

WHAT IS THE CYLINDER NUMBER ORDER LOOKING FROM FRONT OF VAN AND WHAT IS THE FIRING ORDER
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

I have attached diagram with this for you

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services.Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
THANK YOU I HAVE A 1998 CHEVY 3500 CARGO VAN WITH V8 5.7L 350 AUTOMATICK
I'm having problems with losing power when put in to gear and ruff idle in gear doesn't want to go over 5mph its in limp mode I think it idels better in park and nuteral so far I have done is replace part of the tail pipe with flex pipe ,cleaned back O2 sensors or down stream , checked all O2 sensors electrical connections found no moisture and secured the connections, checked all frame and trans, lower engine electrical connections found no moisture secured them, cleaned crank sensor, put in new plugs wires distriber cap and checked with spark tester, checked vacuum lines, cleaned egr valve, checked all major grounds and cleaned block ground and titened, checked starter connection , battery
this all started last Thursday night in the heavy rains going down I94 in a flooded area it separated part of my tail pipe which was already lose and it started running ruff then please help
heres some more info scan tool readings PO103 MASS AIR FLOW MAF SENSOR CIR HIGH FREQUENCY, PO108 MANIFOLD ABSOLUTE PRESSURE MAP SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH VOLTAGE, PO131 HO2S , PO137 HO2S, PO151 HO2S, PO157 HO2S, PO134 HO2S, PO137 HO2S
TPS% 0.0 MPH 0 , FUEL SYS 2 OL , FUEL SYS 1 OL , CALC LOAD 100.00% , ECT (OF) 122.0%, STFT B1 28.9% , LTFT B1 9.4%, STFT B2 4.7% , LTFT B2 9.4%, MAP (INHG) 13.9 , ENG RPM 1230 , MAF (LB/MIN) 52.9CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME THANK YOU ***** IS NOT SLIPPING AND NO BURNT SMELL IN FLUID AND LEAVEL IS GOOD OIL LEVEL IS GOOD TOO THANKS AGAIN
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

HI,

Have you checked the catalytic converter for restrictions? If no, remove the O2 sensors from the exhaust in before the converters and test drive. If some power is restored, then replace converters

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I TRYED THAT AND CUT OFF THE CAT A LONG TIME AGO
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ANYOUTHER SUSGESTIONS PLEASE AND THANKLS
Expert:  Eric replied 4 months ago.

Was there any water that got sucked up into the air cleaner and then into the intake when you went thru the deep water

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IM NOT COMPLEATEY SURE BUT I DONT THINK SO THE IN TACK IS AT THE TOP OF THE GRILL I ALSO CHECKED FUEL PRESURE SORT OF I DONT HAVE A GAGE BUT HIGH PRUSER SQUARED OF OF THE CHECK PORT AND TOOK A FUEL SAMPLE FROM WERE THE INLONE FILTER CONNECTS TO THE ENGIEN SIDE IN A GLASS JAR THERE IS A VERRY LITTLE RING OF WATER AT THE VERRY BBOTTOM OF JAR I TOOK AUTO CLASSES AT MCC A FEW YEARS AGO BUT IM STUMPED ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED THANK YOU DO YOU THINK THE MAP OF MAF COULD PUT IT IN LIMP MODE
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HOW DO I FIX FUEL SYS 1 OL AND FUEL SYS 2 COULD THAT BE CAUASING MY PROBLEM THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

if you have water in the gasoline, drain the tank