Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

When trying to put gas in my car (Chevy Tahoe) I have to

Customer Question

When trying to put gas in my car (Chevy Tahoe) I have to hold by hand the gas hose as the gas cap keeps stopping the flow of gas - I see no leaks of gas anyway - can u tell me what is wrong and can I fix it myself
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Michael and thank you for your question,

There is one very common known issue that can cause slow fueling on your Tahoe which deals with corrosion in the CVS (canister vent solenoid ) valve and GM has released a service bulletin dealing with this as well as the proper repair. I have enclosed it in the link below for your review. You may or may not have a check engine light on and codes setting and still have a failing CVS. Have a look at the service bulletin and see if this will help you get your problem resolved.