Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

2005 astro ecm1 fuse blows as soon as ign is turned on.

Customer Question

2005 astro ecm1 fuse blows as soon as ign is turned on. Cannot find a short anywhere. Could it be bad ecm?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Unplug the ecm. Install a fuse, if it does not blow the fuse then you found the problem. I would start disconnecting things on the ecm1 circuit until I located the short.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

Posts close in 7 days. That means you will not be able to contact me on this question.

You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated.

If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and how I can help you more.

I do not get compensated for my time and resources unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan