Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

I tried to start this am. Nothing. I thought it wsas

Customer Question

I tried to start this am. Nothing. I thought it wsas battery. I tried to boost...nothing. lights, radio, clock all working. No sound at all.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Which ones
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2008 LS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery boost. Not hearing the sound it usually makes when I put key in ignition and slightly turn.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I must put on left turn signal to start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN! Do the headlights or dome lights work?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they do.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for that information. This sounds like a bad starter or possibly a bad nuetral position switch. The nuetral position switch can prevent power from going to the starter if it goes bad. Just be sure the transmission is in park it nuetral. If all checks out good and the starter us getting power, the starter is bad and will need to be replaced.