Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Technician
Experience:  25 years automotive experience, Certified Subaru Tech and Nissan factory trained.

2011 Silverado, have battery power, turn key, hear a click

Customer Question

2011 Silverado, have battery power, turn key, hear a click and lights everything goes dead
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

Hi there,

This usually means either there is corrosion on the battery terminals or the battery only has surface voltage and needs to be replaced. I would check the cables, then try a jump start.Leave the donor car on it for about 15 minutes, then try to start it. If the truck starts, then have the battery tested. It might not be able to hold a charge. The weather is killer on batteries.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 3 months ago.

I hadn't heard back so I thought I would check back and see if you need further assistance?