BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

We started the truck this morning and discovered we have no

Customer Question

We started the truck this morning and discovered we have no power, the check engine light came on and on the odometer screen it says Engine Power Reduced ,what is the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 4 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you tell me the year, make and model of the vehicle and the engine size.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2015,2500 Chevy Silverado ,vin no is 1gc1kuegxff104755, it has a gas engine ,l am not sure what size
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Start by having the battery checked. A failing battery or loose battery cables are the most common cause of this. If the battery is fine then it may be a bad connection at the fuse box. I usually scan the computer for codes after checking the battery. It sounds like it should still be under warranty though.