Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

They rear passenger side brake and turn signal do not work

Customer Question

They rear passenger side brake and turn signal do not work but drivers side is fine...
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: Fuses were checked today by mechanic and has new bulbs as well. He recommended an auto electrian
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 blazer (s10)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've cleaned out the bulb housings, and have made my way into the vehicle looking for bad wires... I would like to fix myself but am stuck...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Well they haven't been working for almost a year now... Also standing water into the bottom of the tail light occurs periodically.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Clayso replied 4 months ago.

Hi There, I'm Clayso a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.

From your description I'd start with a tail lamp assembly of course, moisture and electricity and never a good combination. With a test lamp monitor the dark green/white wire from the multi-function switch, if the circuit fails at the test lamp the same as when the rear lamps fail the multi-function switch is at fault. The multi-function switch is a common failure for this and many other problems. If you need connector views and diagrams let me know.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.

Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.
Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Expert:  Clayso replied 4 months ago.

Hey, just following up to see how this is working out.

Let me know

Thanks