Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Wiper keeps running with switch off, fuse is good, wiper

Customer Question

wiper keeps running with switch off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: fuse is good, wiper runs all the time. This is my third wiper motor that I replaced
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1999 corvette base coupe
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the wiper motor about 3 months ago, and this morning when I turned on the ignition, the wiper started to run and will not turn off .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 4 months ago.

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF you have replaced the Wiper Motor & the issue is still there, it is likely the Wiper Switch
Voltage + on YELLOW wire at the Wiper Motor & Switch comes from Fuse "WSW" located in the Inside Fuse Panel.
The Wiper Switch provides different "Resistor Values" to the Wiper Motor for OFF, ON, LOW & HIGH
You could disconnect the Switch at the Column to see if the Wiper Motor continues, this would verify the Switch or Motor
Here is Schematic of Wiper System
Click Attachment below
I have seen Rebuilt Wiper Motors bad out of the box & do this, so make sure there is good connections at the Switch & Motor & be sure the Ground - is clean & tight

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
The way it works:
Once an answer is given, "you" as the customer, are expected to "RATE" the answer as you agreed to do.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

hello?\