Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  building and driving chevy's since i was in the womb!!!! camaro and corvette enthusiest, access to factory diagrams and tsb's

When stopping the brakes are pulsing on. I have repaced

Customer Question

hi when stopping the brakes are pulsing on. I have repaced sensors. no help
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2002 chevy 4x4 silverado
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, ihave replace abs control module
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, are you saying that the abs is activating at slow speeds when stopping?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have replaced abs control module and sensor s
Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

ok first questions is do you have a code scanner or any codes?

Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

most times this is a wheel bearing issue, since the sensors are integrated. we use a scan tool to watch the wheel speeds as we slow and the affected wheel always shows 6mph when the others are slowing indicating a failed sensor/wheel bearing.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

a way around the scan tool is to use a meter setup to AC volts to read the sensor when slowing down, then compare to the other sensors. these trucks are famous for this issue, its always a wheel bearing or speed sensor.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

Hello are you still needing assistance? if so please let me know, if not then Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.

Expert:  Lou P. replied 3 months ago.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.