Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

I 't know what to say more. The ignition seems to die

Customer Question

I don't know what to say more. The ignition seems to die occasionally and if I leave it for ten minutes or so it starts right up with no issues.
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: don't know about headlights but the radio works fine. Seems to happen every 5 to 7 starts. when attempt to start after a brief rest it cranks right up.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 anniversary corvette
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they can not find a problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello Dennis, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In most cases when the engine will not crank the BCM (body control module ) will detect a no crank and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to get a starting point to diagnose this the first thing that needs to be done is a scan of the BCM to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you get this resolved.