Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My car has a problem starting after getting gas, Battery is

Customer Question

my car has a problem starting after getting gas
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Battery is good, had it tested.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2004 chevy malibu maxx
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have taken it to the shop, tech said it sounds like a vapor lock.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i ran the tank to almost empty, then filled it up, thats when problem started.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Check your fuel pressure regulator. It is a commonly replace part. To diagnose this you will need a fuel pressure gauge hooked up while the problem is happening. See if the fuel pressure drops, you can pinch the return line that leads into the fuel tank and see if it is bleeding pressure back into the tank.

If you need more help, we can continue this conversation. If not, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer I can. Remember, I do not get compensated for my time helping you unless you rate. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars. Please let me know why and how I can help you more. Thanks Dan

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means it’s no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears you’re not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. Please use the 5 star rating system at the top of the screen, it would be appreciated. If you feel the need to rate less than 3 stars, please let me know why and what I can do to help you more. I do not get compensated for my time unless you rate me.

Thanks Dan