Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Ghevy gmc 2500 6,6 desuel 2003 ran perfect parked have not

Customer Question

ghevy gmc 2500 6,6 desuel 2003 ran perfect parked have not started since wont even turn over
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: lots of power
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: silverado 2500hd
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: recharged batteries jumped started turned over but no start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you had to jump start the vehicle to get it to turn over this may be an issue with the starter drawing to many amps which may be causing low voltage for the engine electronics and ignition components to allow starting.I have seen the starters act up like this before in the past and had to replace the starter.If this has not been tested this needs done to see if this is the cause here.I have also seen issues with the electronic ignition switch that can cause this issue also.This would need tested to see if it is faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete