Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have a question about a 2012 Chevrolet Duramax diesel

Customer Question

Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

hey how are you

What is your question ?

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a 2012 Chevrolet 2500 Duramax diesel.. I talked with a Another online mechanic about a month and a half ago about my truck when I'm going down the highway cruising around 70, and I give it a little gas, and it jerks, have changed the fuel filter, I'm just wondering why it does this

What is the mileage on it ?

is there any check engine light now ?

how is used for hauling or daily driver ?

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
130,000 miles..check engine light was on, I changed a glow plug, and changed the fuel filter, and the light went off, but still jerks when I tried to accelerate on the highway, not in city driving
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do hall a RV, and it jerks upon acceleration as well, but I do not do that but once every three months

how often did you changed the fuel filter before or this first time ?

was the glow plugs , changed because was hard start in morning ?

but does the jerk goes away upon picking up speed and then you don't feel it ?

and when was the glow plugs and filter changed, just recently , like how many miles since ?

no leaks on fuel filter ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've changed the fuel filter, and glow plug yesterday and in the last five months I changed filter again ..A code came up on the dash, and it said it was number three glow plug so I changed it.. after jerk, it's smooths out. It did lose its prime on the last RV vacation, and a online mechanic told me to push the button on top of the fuel filter and it cranked right up, it could be a leak somewhere else other than the fuel System maybe, can that be checked???

1-I will drive on it a 100 miles and let the computer learn the new fuel trim values and see if it corrects itself

2- just make sure around your filter no wet spots ,

if after 100 miles no change or you did not feel a gradual change

then

3- check the fuel supply pump for pressure

4- the fuel injection pump should be checked if it persist , but at that mileage 130k basically still break it in on a diesel. , i doubt it, these are tough trucks.

5- do you fill up diesel from same station all the time or it varies since you travel with a camper ?

Chad

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried to go to shell, and pilot to get my diesel, but is there something I can add to the diesel to make it smooth more upon acceleration??? Other than this, the truck runs like a scalded dog!!! I did change out the diesel exhaust fluid pump, it was under warranty, and two nox sensors

http://www.hotshotsecret.com/shop/diesel-duo/?gclid=CJeg2tm_7s0CFZQjgQodrNUNmQ

I have a bunch of tow trucks and use these on them for years , that works for me ? every 15000 miles, but we use our tow truck like non stop 24/7

it is 2 bottles one is called the ( stiction eliminator ) and The ( diesel extreme )

i have sent you the link

you can only get the diesel extreme if you want for yours

Hope I was helpful to you , Please let me know if you need anything else on it

A Positive Rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open For You to Come Back and ask me any Follow up Questions you may have on this issue Even after you Rate Me.

Thank You
Chad Farhat ( aka -Customer)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your help, I will monitor the situation and see what happens

Sounds great , just let me know , like mentioned above the post will stay open after the rating .

so just come back and tell me what happens , and if a check eng light pop up and you got some more codes let me know , i can research those to and send what you need to check

Thank You

Chad