virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

Well my friend jumped her car but the jumper cables were

Customer Question

Well my friend jumped her car but the jumper cables were connected to the fuse box and now the radio the window switches and the dash lights are not working.
JA: How old is the battery? Have you checked the battery gauge on the dash?
Customer: Battery not bad that I know of. It was her car that was dead not my trailblazer
JA: What year is your Trailblazer?
Customer: 04
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My friend came and looked at the fuses and said they were all good. And I wouldn't be fixing it my friend is a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So are these issues with your trailblazer now? Or with her car? And if it's with your friends car what is the yr make model and engine size of her car?Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It the 04 trailblazer that's having the issues. The jumper cable got hooked up to the fuse box in the blazer instead of the battery. It started her car but after words my blazer dash lights radio and window switches were not working.
Gotcha. So let's start with the simple things, if your fuses and maxi fuses (bigger square ones) are all good, then let's try resetting the system. Take the battery leads off and rub them together for 10 seconds. Then reattach and retry everything.Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok will try in the morning! Thanks.
Sounds good
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Do you still need help with this problem? Did my advice help? If so, can you give my advice a positive rating? But if you still need help please let me know.Thanks