Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

The light and clock are real dim. Can't see at all if least

Customer Question

The light for radio and clock are real dim. Can't see at all if least bit light out side. Temp gage at times goes up to almost in the red, 1 time it did go in red. Air conditioner stops blowing cold for a little while. Does not do it all the time. JUst had an oil change. All fluids are good.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator? OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: No leaks. coolant level is fine. I have a 2009 Malibu LS
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I hope to fix it. Was thinking about replacing thermastat and flushing radiator
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Does not like to go into park. Have to really push it fast to get it to go
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You may have a few issues occuring here.First the interior light sensor on the dash is most likely failing to send a signal to brighten up the back lighting causing this issue here.I have seen this before and had to replace this sensor on the dash.

As for the temp issue this can cause the ac to quit if the engine is to hot.This can be the engine thermostat at fault as I have seen before and had to replace it.

I would have these checked into further here to locate which components are the cause here and then repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete