virtual auto tech.
virtual auto tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 13 years working on imports and domestic cars

I have a 89 Chevy 1500 and while driving it, it Just died on

Customer Question

I have a 89 Chevy 1500 and while driving it, it Just died on me. It wont start. What coulD be the problem
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yea it turns over, the battery is about a year. But it sounds like it aint getting a spark when i try starting it
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 89 1500 pick-up
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 89
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I hope. I put gas in it. But its dark out and its in the middle of nowhere so I couldn't try anything yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  virtual auto tech. replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So these vehicles had three problems related to spark. Crank sensor, ignition module, ign. Coil.Can you pull a plug wire off and see if you have spark or not?Let me know
I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Do you still need help with this problem?
Let me know please.